Last week we wrote about what companies should look for when partnering with a HR temp staffing firm and this week we are focusing on the candidate experience. If a candidate isn’t a good fit for a client, it goes without saying that both the client and candidate suffer. If a staffing company doesn’t understand the benefits of setting expectations or finding the right culture fit for the candidate the partnership falls apart for all parties involved. That is why it is critical that candidates select the right staffing company in which to partner.
There are many staffing firms that place HR professionals, both local and national, which is great news for candidates looking for temporary employment opportunities. It also means that candidates should take advantage of their options and be selective. The following provides a checklist of what candidates should look for in an HR temporary staffing service firm:
- Is their contact and resume submission process easy?
- Do you receive notification, either electronically or by phone that they have received your information and resume?
- Do you get the feeling that the service firm is just filling up their database with resumes to throw at their clients or is their intention to get to know you and make a good match for both the candidate and client?
- The above bullet is a deal breaker as you want to ensure the agency you choose to work with is being realistic and honest about how they can help you. The staffing firm should always let you know their process during first time interviews to ensure your time is not wasted.
- When the staffing firm does follow-up regarding a position, do you feel like you are being treated as an individual (that they are not just reading your resume and looking to fill an empty seat)?
- Do they take the time to get to know your skill set and what you are looking for in a HR temp position?
- Is it clear to you that they are setting the right expectations with you and the client?
- Does the staffing firm follow-up with you and the client to make sure things are
going as planned?
- Do they conduct quality assurance calls with you and the client to ensure all parties receive the service they signed up for (and even exceeded the expectations)?
Have you looked for a HR temp position? We’d like to hear from you! Please share your comments below on what you look for in a HR staffing company.